Sunday, April 13, 2014

Hunting and Fishing is Big Business


I stumbled upon a great article about the Hunting and Fishing industry in the U.S. and how much the industry is actually worth. Hunting and Fishing is Big Business, has many statistics that indicates the true power of the industry in a numbers format. They state that the Hunting and Fishing Industry is about a $192 billion dollar industry when considering all of the purchases that are made for the sport itself. If the Hunting and Fishing Industry was one single entity it would be among the top 20 business in the nation. That statistic is simply astounding.


So now that we know the significance of that industry, what should we take away from it? Well, as someone who wants to own a business someday I am taking away the knowledge of knowing how many consumers there are that want outdoor based products. I know that there is a huge market for outdoor gear, apparel, and other products that relate to hunting and fishing. If I as a business owner can understand the trends in the industry as well as the needs of the customers, then I can make a fortune even if I just focus on this single market.  Even retailers like Walmart, have become to add more shelves for the needs of Outdoorsmen. They have realized the potential of this market and are using it to make sales that are being missed by other retailers.

1 comment:

  1. You definitely need to start stuffing every animal you kill so that when you do open your business, you can have a ton of animals all over the place; maybe even booby-trap some of them to scare people. That's what I would do anyways because messing with people is always fun. Anyways, that is a surprising statistic and just goes to show that if you continue to do the things you love, business will come and other people will benefit from your love for hunting and fishing.

    ReplyDelete