With technology
growing at such a fast pace, there are many ways that businesses can capitalize
on growing technologies. There are a few outdoor businesses that have really
done this with the rise of apps. I will discuss one specific app and explain
why they are having such great success with it.
The first type of
app that I will discuss is one that uses the app to generate sales. Gun Broker,
is a business that specializes in selling new and use firearms. They have since
also began to sell other outdoor equipment but primarily make their money
selling weapons. I have personalized use this auction website and I love it.
You know as a bidder that your information is safe and that you will not get
scammed. I know that when I discovered the app that they provided, I was
getting onto it more than I should have. Apps make things so much easier
because you are simple clicks away from things that you enjoy. I can get onto
my phone and within seconds be looking at weapons that I want to purchase. This
is a win, win situation for all parties involved because it allows bidders to
keep a closer eye on their weapons that they are watching, and it also helps
generate more revenue for the company because people can bid from wherever they
are.
One major strength
of this particular app is that it is very similar to the website and flows very
well. The company invested the proper resources to ensure there was proper
user-friendly interface software put in. Having this smooth functioning app is
a crucial strength because people want everything they do with a business to
relate and be as similar as possible. The overall theme and feel of the app
must be the same as if you were browsing the website of the business. This also
holds true if a company has a brick and mortar location, all elements of the
business must relate and mesh well together, this helps ensure quality and
authenticity in the mind of the consumers. Having a strong website and app base
is becoming the standard for businesses today. This hold true for the outdoor
industry as well.



These apps are becoming extremely popular for companies that auction things off with bidding and buy now options. Ebay is another app that I know of that uses a similar setup for allowing people to bid and watch items. These apps are a great money maker as consumers can get a notification every time someone outbids them causing very competitive bidding wars via smartphones.
ReplyDeleteYou provided some interesting information this week. I did not know that there was such an app. Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDelete